Tuesday, April 18, 2006

How?

Sad news for me. Through the miracle of technology, I can tell who is reading me. And who is not ...

My dad has been like a silent rock throughout my life. My dad was there when I lost myself, and gently held my spirit until I came back. He has also been a faithful reader until his eyes failed him. Now I know how bad it is, even if others try to console me, even when others say "yeah, it's not good, but he's getting along ok."

uhhh... bullshit.

He hasn't read my blog for weeks now. I finally learned he can only read with a magnifying glass now. And he still drives. And he is facing this alone basically, because that's what my dad does. Face shit with silent endurance.

Am I letting him down by not living next door now?

I feel like I am. When I went "away", he came over every morning just to make sure I got out of bed. He stood in my kitchen while I ranted like a lunatic and didn't hold judgement. He watched over the baby and me. He made sure.

How can I make sure?

How?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now, tell me how you really feel!