Friday, March 11, 2005

Not worth blogging?

I tried to post this comment on Jody's blog http://www.jodypryor.com/blog/ , but as we all know, the great and powerful OZ only has a sense of humor at certain hours of the day so I will just blog it here. ~Nyah~ to you OZ.

Blogging should not have to have power rock-your-world comments in every topic. A dear friend said to me some of the most profound things he has read were simply everyday feelings written out that went straight to his soul. With that being said.....

Hot flashes, sick children, having a job chomping at the bit to ax you, spouse issues, money challenges, and on and on and on are all things that affect each of us on a daily basis. I am am extremely simple person. I know the political big wigs are messing with my happy spot, but let's get real. Can we really do anything about it?

Hell no. I would like to say our little tiny voices in the mist penetrate at some level. That's not gonna happen.

Is blogging about making a difference? No, not exactly. It does tend to make one feel better in the long run. Venting in a written form can be beneficial on several levels. It helps me tremendously to journal things and read later the state of mind I was in. One of my favorites is about my dad. It reduces me to 7 years old at the drop of a hat. Not bad for a country girl with a high school education.

Jody, blog your hot flashes. You are the Alaskan Grandmother. There is great joy in life stories. They seem very small and insignificant compared to the political facade of our current regime, but to me seem more profound than Bush's bullshit stacked in a pile.

Back to our regular program.... it's spring. Time to check the fences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now, tell me how you really feel!