Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Shoulda stayed in bed

Ya know those times when you wish you would have just stayed in bed? Yesterday was that day for me. The first few hours were uneventful, spent house cleaning, emailing, ect... but then the tide turned.

Steve comes home from work daily hot and tired, so I decided to save him some work and attempt to mow the yard. Hey, I have spent many hours mowing, this is not a big task plus my yard is quite small. I didn't get 10 feet in the first swath and a rock (or a stick or some other projectile) came zinging out of the mower right into my leg. Yes, I was wearing shorts. Yes, I know that is wrong. Yes, I am an idiot with a bruise the size of a quarter on my leg.

So I pouted a while and went out to the back yard to catch up on some renagade weeds growing in my garden. Not a big deal at all until Wham! something black was on my arm and it felt like fire. Little did I know a bunch of wasps had chosen to make my fence into low-rent condos while I was gone. Bastards. Screw the weeds. They will wait.

Ok, it is about lunch time. I have had a really shitty morning. Fully entrenched in the moron zone, I decide to BBQ. Now, any sane person would take into account the type of day it had been so far but do I? Oh hell no. I am invincible! I shall now play with fire! Well, all was going as planned and I had a batch of red-hot coals in the Weber chimney, carefully (so so carefully) I dumped them in the BBQ and carried it to a place that heat would not bother. Good, right? Almost. As I was walking back to my trusty outdoor cooking device, little did I know my briquette chimney had rained little tiny (or not so tiny) embers all the way across my path. I had bare feet. You can guess the rest.

Here is a good piece of info to stack away however. Did you know that well calloused feet don't blister? They get sore as shit, but no blisters in site. Just in case anyone ever asks how to walk on hot coals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now, tell me how you really feel!